Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Can't Be perfect.

I don't give myself enough credit. We moms do not give ourselves enough credit. Maybe it is just me? I beat myself up, daily, over little things my husband and kids never notice. I want an imaculate home, well behaved children, to never lose my temper, the body I had when I was 18, and a delicious home cooked meal for every breakfast lunch and dinner. However, this is not a reality. In reality, my life can be a real mess. Sure, there are days when all the laundry is done, others when the sink is cleared, and again when all meals are delicously prepared. I repeat ONE thing per day! Ha ha! I think many of us spend so much time seeing all of our down falls, that we fail to recognize everyone else is in the same struggle. I am NOT perfect. Whew, I said it! soomething is wrong with the fact that I panic if someone wants to stop by, God forbid they see my messy room or even worse...Dishes in the SINK!! I think we should aim to care for our families well. Where do you draw the line? If my hubby so much as asks me if he has clean socks I will go into a bit of a frenzy inside. I will devalue myself down to nothing and basically decide he doesn't value or love me anymore. For Goodness sakes, I am only one woman!!!! Oh wait, he was just talking about finding socks, not telling me I am terrible for not having them clean, and folded nicely in his sock drawer. Is it just me? Are my expectations to high? Am I placing to much of my value in being perfect, as if I ever could be? Do you have any idea how many times I have been asked what I do all day?! Yeah, even if I manage to accurately list off the details of my hectic day, the likelihood of you grasping it is slim to none. Do you ever start describing your day, just to stop half way through, thinking " this sounds easy and dumb"? There is No way to describe it. There are many days when I throw in the towel and just thank the Lord above that tomorrow is a new day. A new day. I think one of the best things you can do for another mom is have her over, and leave the mess out in the open for once.
Don't aplogize, let her see that you aren't perfect. This is a 24/7 job. I'm not complaining. I apreciate my family. I will miss these days, one day, if I make it there;)

No comments:

Post a Comment